Sunday, October 11, 2009

Watch this video!

For the past week I hadn't been in class because I unfortunately had a kidney infection. I had a lot of time to watch lifetime movies. This one in particular caught my attention because it was based on a true story. Basically it shows the prejudices people still feel in our society to homosexual and trans gendered people. Its called A Girl Like Me, The Gwen Araujo Story. This you tube link gives you a brief idea what the movie was about but basically it was about a young women who was born a male. Her whole life she had known that she wasn't truly a male. It showed her daily struggles and even how hard it was on a daily basis for her to go to school. When she was older she basically transformed to female and most people didn't know about her previously being male. Guys became suspicious because she wouldn't ever go "all the way" and one day they gruesomely locked her in a room to find out. They pulled off her clothes and once they saw she had male body parts they beat her to death.

This movie seriously brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't believe this really happened to such a innocent person. I just wanted to share it with everyone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYm0RSEkPoU

No comments:

Post a Comment